If you are in a country where Tor is blocked, you can configure Tor to connect to a bridge during the setup process.
A long with rolling out the latest security update to the Firefox browser, Mozilla has now introduced a new approach to secure the Firefox web browser on Linux and Mac operating systems. Tor Browser will block browser plugins such as Flash, RealPlayer, QuickTime, and others: they can be manipulated into revealing your IP address. We do not recommend installing additional add-ons or plugins into Tor Browser.
Select 'Tor is censored in my country.'
If Tor is not censored, one of the most common reasons Tor won't connect is an incorrect system clock. Please make sure it's set correctly.
Read other FAQ's at our Support Portal
Please do not torrent over Tor.
Tor Browser will block browser plugins such as Flash, RealPlayer, QuickTime, and others: they can be manipulated into revealing your IP address.
We do not recommend installing additional add-ons or plugins into Tor Browser
Plugins or addons may bypass Tor or compromise your privacy. Tor Browser already comes with HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript, and other patches to protect your privacy and security.
Check out the Tor Browser manual for more troubleshooting tips.
Stand up for privacy and freedom online.
We're a nonprofit organization and rely on supporters like you to help us keep Tor robust and secure for millions of people worldwide.Donate Now
Open Safari (yes, open Safari even if you want to use another app as your default browser) Pull down the ‘Safari’ menu and choose to open ‘Preferences’ (or just hit command-,) Click the ‘General’ tab.
Choose the default web browser you would prefer to use.
How do I change default browser on my Mac?
Change the default browser or email client on your Mac
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click General.
- Choose your web browser from the ”Default web browser” pop-up menu.
How do I make Chrome my default browser on Mac?
Here’s how to do it now.
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Choose the General tab.
- Just over half way down, there’s a menu next to “Default web browser.” Click on it and choose the browser you want to set as the default.
Can you install Google Chrome on a Mac?
Downloading Chrome For PC/Mac/Linux. Go to the Google Chrome website. If you haven’t installed a browser, you can use your operating system’s preinstalled web browser (Internet Explorer for Windows and Safari for Mac OS X). Click “Download Chrome”.
How do I make Google my default browser on my macbook air?
Make Google your default search engine
- Step 1: Open Preferences. Click on Safari in the top Apple menu, and then select Preferences.
- Step 2: Change your default search engine to Google. Next to Default search engine, click on the drop down menu and select Google.
- Step 3: Change your homepage to Google.
How do I change my default browser on Mac?
Here’s the steps:
- Open Safari (yes, open Safari even if you want to use another app as your default browser)
- Pull down the ‘Safari’ menu and choose to open ‘Preferences’ (or just hit command-,)
- Click the ‘General’ tab.
- Choose the default web browser you would prefer to use.
- Quit Safari, and you’re done.
How do I set Chrome as my default browser on Mac?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the top right, click More .
- Click Settings.
- In the “Default browser” section, click Make default. If you don’t see the button, Google Chrome is already your default browser.
How do I make Chrome my default browser in Safari?
Open Safari browser. Click on “Safari” tab and choose “preferences”. In “General” tab, in “default web browser” choose “select”. Find in applications “Google Chrome”.
Xilisoft Audio Converter for Mac can convert between audios of different formats and extract audio segments from videos/HD videos. With this amazing audio conversion tool, you can convert between audios in a vast range of formats, including MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, extract excellent audio segments from popular videos and High Definition videos in format of AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4. Xilisoft audio converter for mac.
How do I change what browser opens links?
Click on Details to open the panel. Choose Default Applications from the list on the left side of the window. Choose which web browser you would like to open links by changing the Web option.
How do I make Chrome open links instead of Safari?
Head back to the “Open in Chrome” shortcut’s workflow from the “Library” tab directly in the app. Next, tap the Settings icon up top, then “Add to Home Screen.” This will open up a link to the shortcut in Safari, then you just add it to your home screen like any other webpage.
What’s the best browser for Mac?
What is the Best Internet Browser for Mac?
- Safari. Mac users can easily name Safari as the default browser for their machines.
- Opera. Although Opera isn’t the most popular browser on the market, it’s the best Mac internet browser for those with slow internet connections.
Is Chrome available for Mac?
In those situations, you might have better luck with Chrome. It’s available on many platforms. Because it comes from Apple, Safari is available only on Macs and iOS devices (it comes pre-installed on the iPhone and iPad, too). Apple used to offer Safari for Windows, but discontinued that version in 2012.
Does Google Chrome work on Mac?
Yes, Google Chrome is available for Mac OS X, provided that you have at least Mac OS 10.9 (OS Mavericks) or above. Chrome works great on my Mac. It seems to give more in depth information than Safari. Using Chrome on all of my devices is great.
How do I change my browser settings to allow cookies on Mac?
Enable Cookies in Safari
- Click the “Safari” menu, choose “Preferences” Make sure you have a Safari window open and active; you will see the “Safari” menu in the top left of your screen.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab. The contents of the Privacy tab screen will now appear.
- Choose your preferred Cookies setting.
- Close the Preferences window.
How do I get Google on my Macbook?
Install Chrome on Mac
- Download the installation file.
- Open the file called ‘googlechrome.dmg’.
- In the window that opens, find Chrome .
- Drag Chrome to the Applications folder. You might be asked to enter the admin password.
- Open Chrome.
- Open Finder.
- In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject .
Why will Safari not open on my Mac?
Deleting these files resets your preferences, and may fix the problem. Delete Safari’s preferences by opening Finder and clicking the “Go” menu option at the top of the screen. Drag the “com.apple.Safari.plist” option to the Trash and empty the Trash. Restart your computer and open Safari.
How do I change from Safari to Firefox on Mac?
Open Safari. Click “Safari” in the Apple menu at the top of your screen. Go to “Preferences>General>Default Web Browser,” and click the option you want.
How do I add another browser to my Mac?
Installing Firefox on Mac
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Apple Safari).
- Click the green download button to download Firefox.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) should open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application.
How do I change my default search engine on a Mac?
To be able to use a different search engine than the default, you’ll need to manually make a change. Here’s how you do this for the three main browsers in OS X. Safari: Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Search. Click the Search Engine menu and make your choice.
How do I set default mail client on Mac?
Changing the Default Mail Client to Another App in Mac OS X
Browser For Mac Os X
- Open the “Mail” application in Mac OS X – yes open the Mail app even if you’re wanting to use another mail client.
- Pull down the “Mail” menu and choose “Preferences”
- Go to the “General” tab.
How do I change download settings on Mac?
Change Gatekeeper Settings (10.8.x / 10.9.x / 10.10.x / 10.11.x):
- Open the System Preferences.
- Open the Security & Privacy pane by clicking Security & Privacy.
- Make sure that the General tab is selected.
- Enter your username and password into the prompt that appears and click Unlock.
How do I change my default email in Chrome?
How to Make Gmail Default Email in Chrome
- Open Chrome and navigate to “Settings.”
- Click “Content settings” under “Privacy and security.”
- Select “Handlers” and switch on the Ask protocol.
- Open Gmail in Chrome and click the Protocol Handler icon.
- Allow Gmail to open all email links.
How do I make Facebook Open links in Chrome?
How to Make Facebook for Android Open Links in Chrome
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner of the app (the one with three lines).
- Scroll down to the settings section.
- Tap App Settings.
- Toggle “Links open externally” to on.
Can I set Chrome as default browser on iPhone?
As Google’s own support pages for the iOS version of Chrome note, “You can’t make Chrome your default browser, but you can add it to your dock.” Android users do have the option to choose a new default browser. To do so, open the Settings app, select Apps & Notifications and tap Advanced at the bottom of the screen.
How do I get links to open automatically in Chrome?
Open Chrome and click the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” icon in the upper right corner followed by “Settings” in the drop-down menu. Click the “Set Pages” link, located to the right of the “Open a Specific Page or Set of Pages,” in the On Startup section.
Is Safari or Google Chrome better for Mac?
Linux Browser For Windows
Better Battery Life, and Better Performance on Older Macs. Chrome rides your CPU hard, and while it is getting better about battery life, it’s still no match for Safari. And if you’re using an older Mac, Safari might actually perform better for you.
Should I use Safari or Chrome MacBook?
If you use a Mac laptop, using Chrome instead of Safari can cost you an hour or more of battery life per day. But Chrome is a terrific browser, too. It’s clearly the second-most-Mac-like browser for MacOS. Safari is Apple’s browser for Apple devices.
Linux Browser For Android
Does Google Chrome drain Mac battery?
Chrome is known for its fast performance, which it gets by using your Mac’s CPU more than other browsers. But more CPU usage means more battery drain. If Mac battery life is important to you, then there’s a simple trick that should be a big help.
What to do if Safari is not working on Mac?
Fix Many Common Safari Issues in Mac OS X with a Simple Reset. Open the Safari browser as usual, then pull down the “Safari” menu and choose the “Reset Safari” option. At the “Reset Safari” screen, keep every checkbox checked for the best results, then choose “Reset”
What do I do if Safari won’t open on my Mac?
If you can’t open a Safari window on Mac
- Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Safari and macOS. To check for a Safari or a macOS update, choose Apple menu > App Store, then click Updates. See Keep your Mac up to date.
- Check your startup disk using Disk Utility.
- If the other suggestions don’t help, try reinstalling macOS.
Omniweb For Mac
What to do if Safari freezes on Mac?
The first fix for this issue is by force quitting Safari, and is more temporary than the others, but can still be helpful.
- Open up the “Apple Menu” and click on the “Force Quit” option.
- Press the Option-Command button and escape at the same time.
Linux Browser For Mac Windows 10
- Question: How To Make Chrome Default Browser On Android?
- How To Set Default Browser On Android?
- Quick Answer: How To Set Default Browser Windows 7?
- Quick Answer: How To Set Chrome As Default Browser Windows 10?
- Quick Answer: How To Make Chrome Default Browser Windows 10?
- Quick Answer: How To Make Internet Explorer Default Browser Windows 10?